Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Last Entry


Well, it looks like the semester has come to an end. I am happy to report that I passed all of my classes and am a college graduate! After I take the summer off, I will begin my next adventure as I move to LA and start work for Raytheon, my new employer. I will be doing RF design work (like honing devices for missiles, or maybe something a little less flashy), and loving it.

All in all, I have to say that studying abroad had its ups and downs. I learned a lot about myself and will always treasure that. I did get homesick and grow to greatly appreciate America, but also love the variety that is Europe. I think one of the main things that studying abroad gave me was an interest in actually being aware. Before this semester, my best friend Ashley Kraus always made a joke that I’m not hidden under 1 rock, I’m hidden under 10 rocks, completely unaware of anything that is going on in the world and ok with it. In Spain though, talking about religion and politics is a very common conversation starter. I felt foolish having nothing to add, and quickly realized maybe I should dig my way out of those rocks and listen to some of the news. Now, don’t expect me to be turning on the actual news any time soon, but I am working my way in that direction.

If anyone is ever considering studying abroad or taking some time off to travel a bit, I highly recommend it. I think you learn so much during the experience and grow so much as an individual it is unbelievable. Looks like that is all I have for you. Hasta luego Europa. We’ll see how soon I can make it back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment